If you’re a trucker, you know that every inch of space inside the cab of your truck is valuable real estate. Not only is it important to have everything needed for your life on the road, but it should also be organized in a way that keeps you safe, efficient and comfortable. We’ve come up with some of the best organization hacks for your truck to maximize your space and keep it clutter free. Don’t see your favorite space-saving hack on the list? Let us know how you organize your own truck.
- Prepare your meals at home ahead of time. Store meals and ingredients in plastic Ziplock bags. These will lay flat in your refrigerator and take up less space than containers.Turn a toiletry bag into a travel snack caddy. This allows you to keep snacks accessible and easy to grab but stored until you need something.
- That over-the-door pocket organizer? Instead of using it for shoes, it comes in handy to store cleaning supplies, towels, personal items and even clothes
- Shower caddies like this one are perfect for sticking on the inside of cabinet doors. They’ll hold things like paper towels, cleaning supplies, bottled water, condiments & spices, and plates & silverware.
- Plastic baskets such as this one are perfect for storing fruit within reach of your seat for a healthy snack. You can use strong Velcro or Command strips to secure the baskets to the wall of your cab.
- Hang up hooks for storing things like coats, hats and towels.
- You never know when a plastic grocery bag will come in handy. Keep them together and organized by using a plastic bag holder and dispenser.
- Magazine file holders are slim enough to fit in most skinny spaces and they’re perfect for keeping your leisure reading material. Whether it’s the newest fiction novel or an issue of your favorite trucking magazine, this will keep everything in one place.
- Plastic bins are your friend. They’re great for making sure things stay together so you can find them later. Have a bin for clothes, one for toiletries and one for medication. You can even use bins to store your unrefrigerated food items, such as boxes of dry goods, bottled water, and canned fruit and vegetables. Larger bins like these and these are perfect for storing under your bunk or inside a cabinet. Don’t forget the labels!
- Although a pen here and a lip balm there doesn’t seem like much, small random items can quickly add up and fill a space with clutter. Small plastic boxes are great for storing odds and ends and keeping them out of the way.